Reporter (Work Study position) - Summer job for full-time Fanshawe College students (May - August)
The Reporter responsibilities shall include the writing of several stories in and around the FSU, College affairs, College Sports, and general stories that would be of interest to our readership. The Reporter is required to write in an informative, concise and easy to understand style. Reporters work as a part of the creative team by contributing to the overall creation of each Interrobang issue. The Reporter reports to the Editor while providing support to the Manager of Publications & Communications creating content using various multimedia formats that be read, listened to, or viewed onscreen.
- Develop and write articles on various College affairs
- Conduct research on various topics
- Appropriately source and cite resources.
- Edit content for correct spelling and grammar
- Work with Editor to revise and rewrite sections.
- Perform extensive fact-checking.
- Use desktop or electronic publishing software.
- Maintain blog to keep in touch with readers.
- Collaborate with Interrobang team members to ensure deadlines are met
- Organize and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines
- Stay current and maintain a library of industry news and reference materials
- Stay current on copyright and plagiarism legislation and regulations
- Make recommendations for process improvements and more effective methods and mediums
- Perform administrative duties as assigned
- Full-time Fanshawe College student enrolled in a closely related field of study
- Excellent verbal communication skills required
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Highly effective teamwork skills
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of Mac OS, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and Adobe Products
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects while meeting deadlines
Work Study Program
The Work Study program is designed to provide work opportunities to full-time post-secondary or post-diploma students with a demonstrated financial need.
If you are a full-time Fanshawe student, and want to work for the Fanshawe Student Union, you may be asked complete a Work Study application.